Translate

Monday, December 31, 2012

Mod Permissions

This has been a topic that seems to have been trending when it comes to my work lately (at least my first one) It seems the Christmas Set I made has had a much better reception then even I expected. I had low expectations so I am happy that many have liked it.

Because of this I have noted that many have asked to convert to other games/ body types and stuff.
So I want to talk about permissions.

For the time being I do plan to make an official notepad of the Rules and for each mod. Sadly it may be strange but for the most part I will make rules depending on situation. The rules below should always be considered mostly over other rules because these are the rules that are Safest and can easily over rule other rule sets mentioend in the notepad (which will eventually be linked with a posting of any updated rules)

 When it comes to my general permissions I make these rules because there is a lacking of them.

The General rule of thumb is not to use any of my work (Except the SMBTRA, BDM, Suicup and SMSuicup bodies, as those are open domain)  without permission from me. You can do what you want so long as it is not publicly distributed. Now if you plan on public releases I ask you PM me either here, on LoversLab or Nexus on your planned usage for the mod. I know it might sound silly but I kind of have my rules on it. Keep in mind many of my mods (ATM since I am still learning) are still works in progress and I prefer to perfect them before I allow users to "change" them.

If I do approve of usage, I just ask to be created where ever appropriately and not to be insulted, many times I see Converters/Modders fix up on another modders original work and they make statements such as "Fixing up HappySparkles horrible cutting of the string" etc stuff like that does not deserve the right to use the originators work, so if I do approve (let alone other modders) try to respect the time and effort they put into their work.

My main thing for the mean time is just Ask me before you use it. You can do work on it if you'd like and show me pictures in your proposals. Pictures do sell me well ;).


Lastly,  (For mods that are open to discussion) Exceptions exist.
 Anyone who contributes (helps me) on SPECIFIC mods can use the mod how they please so long as it is them using it and they refer others to me for permissions and ofc credit me. Those whose MAJOR resources I use Like the Body have also 100% free permissions.  If you fall under this category I will let you know during our transaction how that would work.

Thanks
-HS

No comments:

Post a Comment