Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

My First GND and Simple GND Tutorial

So I finally did it. I have spent countless hours to figure out something that only takes less then five minutes. I made my first GND MODEL!!! And now I am going crazy with it and I am excited.



Now I have GND Models for my first outfit.
Maybe soon I can do an outfit release soon enough we will see. But I might switch the panties for now. Maybe I will use the Tanga Panties. Because I feel it will be better to make this set the Ring Set. We will see so keep your eyes open for it.

So now since I had such struggles I decided to try to save others the Stress so lets get to it!

This Tutorial is for beginners and all you need to do is know how to use BlenderUI. 
This GND model is not perfect and is not the best but I have not seen any tutorials for it so it will teach you to make a basic GND Model for your clothing and you can build upon it from there.


 First You need to Start Blender of course.
 Upload the Model of the GND you want to make. For me I used the BDM Ring Bra. 
You can also create you own too if you want to be creative.
Now delete the Bones/Armature and the body and other pieces you do not net to be in the Ground Model (GND)

 I joined the parts together since the bra has multiple parts.
Now Go into Edit mod (Tab)
Now chose Scale Manipulator since I am lazy to go back and make circles all you need to do is press Ctrl+Alt+S and that will apply the Scale Manipulator (The blue square next to global) Probably best going to side view Pressing 3
Now you want to try to flatten it (I do not think it is 100% necessary but I followed what I saw from other GND Files the Pros have made)
 Now you will stay in Edit mode and Press N then make sure you check global instead of Local (Local is selected here)
When you do that set the 3 settings shown to Zero (0)
Now you will have your item on the ground.
 Now duplicate it Press Ctrl+D (You can do this less glitcely in Edit mod but make sure you separate the duplicated one from the original I would also move it to the side by holding G and clicking and using the mouse. Press P the Separate it from the original (it will be to your advantage later) If you went to Edit mode go back ot Object mode (Pressing Tab)
 Press F7 to go to Object Pana (or the three Arrows) Click on Bounds Under DrawType, Now you will get these pink boxes with a wired version of the outfit.
 Press N again if you closed the window before and go back to Global and set all settings to 0 again.
Now you will have them combined. Press A until everything is outlined pink. Then Go to File Export. And Export them with the settings below.
These settings are the ones I used. They are not 100% perfect but they do make a Simple GND and they work. Notice they differ from the original settings. Experiment with theose values and see if you can get a PERFECT GND but for now this should do for those who are not going for a 100% perfect item (I never persoanlly drop items but for those who will play my future mods I would like to not have the "WTF I'm a Missing Mesh"

I hope this tutorial helped anyone else who wanted to learn GND making but found some of the Tutorial on the net rather over intuitive and confussing. 

Thanks
-HS
PS: This is for OBLIVION.

2 comments:

  1. Good work, HS!
    Having a real droppable world object for every armor & clothing item has several advantages apart from avoiding the WTF bull.

    Mainly for screenshooting purposes. I simply hate some modders' lazybutt 'unified world object' technique that makes you drop a box or package with the respective modder's logo or sumthin. A ground model that looks like a flattened version of the actual item you drop can serve as a 'realistic' decoration for pictures instead of some lame stand-in crap unusable for screenshots.

    It's also annoying to have realistic-looking gnd models but without any collision data. I found them impossible to pick up again once they float in the air. Dunno, this is probably Nifskope stuff though.

    If only more modders were as motivated to make such models as you! Maybe your tutorial can help with that in the future. Thx for all your work and your strife for perfection!

    Best regards, sincerely
    DaStampede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your regards DaStampede I agree with you there. I had yep issues when learning. One was with the floating object that was not picked up and then the other was with the droppable yet untouchable item.

    I will occasionally use a "simple" gnd, but only for themed things like for instance if I decide to do a Christmas outfit. Their world model might be set to a single holiday theme. But yes I refuse to use the defaults from vanilla it just takes the fun away. When I do custom mods I want them to be 100% worked on by me on every piece.

    ReplyDelete